I was laying out a development line list of new products for KUIU and it dawned on me; I was really doing this backwards. Why should I develop a product line that I think and hope and guess you want and need?
We have the most passionate and opinionated group of mountain hunters in the world on this blog. Why don’t we all work together to develop the new KUIU product line? With your help and input this will be the best mountain hunting line ever created.
I will enjoy taking you through the entire process. From developing a line list to design, sampling, prototyping and testing the new products. This will give you complete insight to how this process works and what goes into creating a product.
Below I have outlined the development process.
- To begin, we will develop a line list.
- Then we will decide what our end goal is for these styles listed. Weight, warmth, durability, range of motion, noise, function……etc.
- These requirements will help us to decide fabrics, construction, factory choices, trims, zippers….etc.
- You will help me decide how we want it designed including pockets, zippers, seams, fit and features.
- Create a color pallet and camouflage choice.
- Finalize the design, fabrics & trims.
- Prototyped the product.
- Test the products. Several of you will become prototype testers.
- The reviews and comments from testing will drive changes next round of prototyping.
- Testing (if needed more rounds of prototyping and testing)
- Trims, fabrics, colors finalized
- Factory order placed.
- Product delivery.
I guarantee you will enjoy developing a product you get to take hunting. List 3 to 5 products you would like KUIU to design? Please list these below in the comments. Please have your comment posted by Wednesday December 13th.
I will create a spreadsheet of all the product recommendations to review in the next post.
I look forward to working with you all on this product line and thank you in advance for your help.
****Blog subscribers will be able to pre-order at anytime along the develop process so they get the 1st products when the arrive from the factory.