Finding the right hunting pant was one of the reasons we started Sitka. For years I hunted in Cabela’s Microtex and was never totally happy with the fit, design and the lack of stretch in this pant. I believe we moved hunting the industry forward with the Mountain Pant. Then again with the introduction of stretch woven fabric technology in the Ascent Pant.
My vision for all KUIU products is to use technology and design to reduce weight and increase performance. Reducing weight does not necessarily mean a thin light-weight fragile fabric. Using new technology advancements such as fabrics without elastomers will significantly reduce weight while increasing performance and durability.
This approach will be applied to the new KUIU pant. My goal is to develop a lighter-weight better preforming pant for tough mountain hunts.
The following is a wish list for the new KUIU pant.
- GREAT fit
- Dries fast
- Articulation for knee’s and hips for a full range of motion for steep technical climbs
- Highest quality stretch woven fabric available
- No elastomers to keep weight down and durability high
- Clean design
- Functional zippered cargo pockets with great positioning on the leg for easy access
- Easy access hand pockets
- Looks good
- Feels good
- Best pant the customer has ever owned
- Tough enough Lance cannot destroy it
The goal is to design a product that comes as close to the list as possible. Obviously this is a lofty goal to meet all of these requirements, however it will be exciting to see how close we can come.
Please give me your thoughts and opinions so we can add to this list.
Also, it would be very helpful is to know what you like and dislike about the pant you are currently using?
Thank you in advance for the input and help.